Home » Forums » Student Videos » Old Joe Clark 1-2-22

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Keith Calhoun
      Participant

Here is my latest try at Old Joe Clark. I see that I am not holding my left wrist straight. I’ll have to work on that some more, among so many other things!!

kate.kakadu
      Participant

Great version and awesome double stops going on there! I’m so struggling with double stops :! But they sound really good, well done!

Michael G
      Participant

Nice job Keith – love those slides and double stops. Great rhythm too. I know what you mean about so many things to remember. When I try to focus on double stops, it seems like everything else falls apart. I wish I’d started playing when I was 7. Oh well, better late than never!

Keith Calhoun
      Participant

Thanks Michael and Kate! Yes, sometimes in the middle of a tune I’ll start thinking about everything that’s going on and when that happens, I fall off the train!! Starting at age 7 would have been great, I just wish I had started before age 68! As it is, I’ve only been fiddling for about 7 months now.

Marg Sherringham
      Participant

Wow, only 7 months Keith? You must have done some serious practice to reach this level! Great slides and double stops, and I think just the right amount. Enough to add interest without being too much of a good thing. I started working on this tune last night, struggling with the separate 1, slur 3 bowing in module 2.1, but will keep working on it. Thanks for sharing your version, very inspiring.:)

Fixkids
      Participant

Nice!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.