Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Marg Sherringham
      Participant

Whoops, meant to submit this one 1st.

jason kleinberg
      Keymaster

Nice!

I fixed the link for you. It should look like “https://youtu.be/sNADk1KnXK0”

instead of:
      Breton Gavotte with Strum Machine

Owen
      Participant

Nicely done, Marg. I did not get to the lesson, as was traveling. Thanks for posting, will get on it.

Vera Algoet
      Participant

I was impressed by how smoothly you carried on after mistakes.

Michael G
      Participant

That’s really quite excellent, Marg!

Pete Healy
      Participant

Wow, very nice! Just one suggestion re your equipment: Might be good to put your strum machine behind or farther away from your recording device, since the machine almost drowned out your playing at some points. But I really liked how you maintained the flow of the piece!

Joanne Iles
      Participant

Really good Marg! Thanks for sharing such a great sound!

crowbar47
      Participant

We’ll done !!!!!

Marg Sherringham
      Participant

Thanks Jason, for fixing the link for me. I also sent one on embellishments which would have had the same mistake, it doesn’t seem to have gone through. No worries, I might try to send it again today.

Thanks for the encouraging feedback from the fiddlehed community! Pete, that’s a good suggestion, it was the 1st time I’ve recorded a video of myself using my phone, and it was a bit cramped in our caravan. All a bit of an experiment, so I’ll certainly set it up your way next time.

kate.kakadu
      Participant

I’ve just been back from travels and really enjoyed this tune, Marg. Just had to learn it!

Marg Sherringham
      Participant

I think you’ll enjoy playing it Kate. I found the form a bit tricky at 1st, it’s unsual, but it really hooked me in and I just couldn’t stop playing it. I learnt it from Jason’s Breton Gavotte lesson, then he did a practice journey on the same tune a couple of days ago that took it even further. It was fantastic!! Enjoy your own journey with this tune.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.