Home » Forums » Student Videos » Tobin’s Jig

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael G
      Participant

Just learned it this morning. I have been practicing my sight reading (on mandolin so that my brain isn’t worrying about bowing technique). My improvement in sight reading is allowing me to learn melodies much more quickly.

Debbie Hill
      Participant

Great intonation!

Michael G
      Participant

Thanks, Debbie. All I hear when I listen to myself is my lousy intonation lol.

Marg Sherringham
      Participant

Nice playing Michael, I thought your intonation was good too, and using the drone is so valuable. You have a feel for playing rhythmically too.:)

Michael G
      Participant

Thank you, Marg! I try to focus on the positives, but my inner critic is extremely noisy. Jason does such a good job hammering home the message of celebrating small wins. I know my intonation has improved markedly since I began this journey. Some days are better than others….

MaryReid
      Participant

Love Tobin’s Jig. Sounds good with the drone.

Kristen
      Participant

Your playing is lovely! And once again, I’ve found another song to add to my list from this wonderful community! I always practice a song by plucking on the violin first as well (I don’t have a mandolin on hand, unfortunately), because the squeaky bowing is so distracting when you’re trying to learn something new.

Keep it up, and I look forward to seeing your progress!

Patty
      Participant

I really enjoyed this! Great timing and tone… both things I struggle with! Thanks for posting!

Michael G
      Participant

Thanks for the encouraging feedback!

Keith Calhoun
      Participant

Nice job Michael!!

Fixkids
      Participant

Like it. Well done.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.