• Author
      Keith Calhoun
      Participant

Rjiles45
      Participant

Great job hope to be that good

Jocelyn Martens
      Participant

Keith requested some feedback with the intention: I want to improve my bowing and sound more fluid.

Here’s a rough video I made on bow arm work with fluidity

Keith Calhoun
      Participant

Wow, Jocelyn’s response to my video was awesome! She really spotted the exact things I need to work on! Such a great service for Fiddlehed students. I highly recommend posting your own videos cause Joecelyn knows her stuff!!

Keith Calhoun
      Participant

Thanks, Rjiles 45! It’s taken a lot of hard, hard practice to get here and the journey continues!

Owen
      Participant

Hey Keith! Real enjoyable playing. You stayed right in time and in tune with the backing track and played for a good long time. I agree Jocelyn is a great coach with FH. Keep it up!

Keith Calhoun
      Participant

Hi Owen, thanks for your kind comments! 🙂

Keith Calhoun
      Participant

I have to say, I’ve practiced what Jocelyn told me in her video for a couple of hours now, and boy what a difference it’s already making! Making changes to your established bad habits is hard but with the correct observations of Jocelyn, you have it pinpointed and that makes it easier to incorporate the corrections into your technique. I found especially useful what she says about not holding the fiddle’s neck so tightly and not allowing my thumb to stick up so far! That bad habit was making it hard to keep my fingers closer to the fingerboard. Of course she is also spot on about my stiff bowing arm and wrist! That’s a work in progress, as is all of it! Again, thanks to Jocelyn!

Marg Sherringham
      Participant

Really enjoyed your video of Old Joe Clarke Keith, and very impressed with the fast tempo! Looked like you had fun playing along with the backing track too. Jocelyn’s feedback was so interesting to watch, and we all get to learn from her focus on bowing just like a master-class. Thanks for posting. 😀

Keith Calhoun
        Participant

Thanks Marg! Now, after practicing what Jocelyn taught me for a few weeks, I cringe when I watch that video and see how stiff my bowing is!! I think I have improved some since then. The backing tracks are awesome to practice with!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.