Home » Forums » Student Videos » A Pentatonic Scale In Summer.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Marg Sherringham
      Participant

I was working on pentatonic scales in module 2.5 and decided to challenge myself to write something restricted to pentatonic. Chose the key of G so that meant I couldn’t use any C’s or F sharps. It was a really interesting experiment, this is the result. Had fun playing it with my friends, Wayne, Lisa and Keith, the boys dressed for the part, we were trying to get an old-timey feel.

Debbie Hill
      Participant

What a lovely tune! Love the flute harmony too.

Fixkids
      Participant

Outstanding. Thanks so much for sharing. Deb Swanson

Marg Sherringham
      Participant

Thanks Deb and Debbie. Yes, I like the flute harmony too, Lisa added notes from the chords on the 1st B section and then a harmony I wrote the 3rd time through, I played it the 2nd time through. Happy to send the music if you’d like to play it, just not sure how to attach it to this page.

Fiddledeedee
      Participant

I really enjoyed listening to this tune. Thank you.

Joanne Iles
      Participant

Wow this is lovely! Thanks for sharing.

kate.kakadu
      Participant

So wonderful, Marg! I’ve been out of the loop for a while so good to check out the forum and be reinspired! Lovely melody, lyrical and happy. Great work from the band too. A very fun way to play with pentatonic scales!

Marg Sherringham
      Participant

Thanks for your kind comments Fiddledeedee, Joanne and Kate. I’m lucky to be part of this band, we have a lot of fun playing together, and I hope other Fiddleheds have musician friends to play with too.
      When I originally sent an audio and the music to Jason he encouraged me to share with the community and has added a way to upload attachments, so I’m going to try that for anyone who wants to play my little effort at an old time waltz style composition.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Jocelyn Martens
      Participant

The music yal made is so pleasant. Composing it and sharing the sheet music is lovely. Such a good feeling to experience, share, and connect on a tune you brought to fruition. Well done, Marg and friends.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.