Think of this 25-minute practice journey as your daily bread and butter. Utilize the Practice Pipeline to pinpoint areas for improvement and systematically elevate both your songs and skills with the following steps:
1. Scale Time | ⏱️5m: Start with the scale related to the song you’ll focus on. This primes your ears and fingers.
2. Song | ⏱️10m: Identify three challenging Chunks of your song and hone in on them.
3. Skill Drill | ⏱️5m: Work on a skill—either something integral to the song or something else you’re developing. Use the Practice Pipeline to identify what needs work.
4. Dynamic Conversations | ⏱️5m: Toggle between two areas or modes of practice. Assess how each informs the other. Allow yourself to Play.
- Scale <> Improv
- Sing What You Play
- Melody <> Chords
Pause & Reflect 👁️ : Take a breather. What needs further attention? What can simmer for now?
Mix or Repeat 🔀 : Either revisit these steps with new elements or repeat the same set in your next practice block.
Pro Tips ☝️:
- Stack 2-3 of these Song-Scale-Skill blocks in one session.
- Spread out 2-3 blocks across your day for sustained improvement.
- In your next block, change only one element. Keep the scale and skill the same, but switch out the song, for example.
Two ways I can help you on your fiddle journey 🎻
- Sign up for the Free Two-week Trial. You’ll get full access to all courses and group lessons. Plus, I’ll send you some free lessons tailored to your current skill level.
- Sign up for the FiddleHed newsletter below, then get high-value tips and lessons delivered to your inbox.