How To Use Your Practice Journal
Here’s a tutorial on how to use Your Practice Journal. This is something new to the site: a way to track what you practice.
Key Take-aways 🗝
- Find Your Practice Journal at the bottom of any lesson page (including this one), or the Home Page
- Click the orange ⊕ icon to create an entry.
- You can tag entries as “Daily Practice” or “Weekly Review”
- Take short notes to help you remember things as you practice
- You can add links to external sites (like Youtube, Spotify, etc.) using the link button
- Use the 🔎 icon (top right hand corner) to your previous entries
- Let the journaling process to be interesting and fun – don’t see it as a chore 🕺🏾
Add links to lessons
You can add links to lessons to your practice journal. FiddleHed Deb asked about this, so I made a quick tutorial.
Things you might want to take notes on:
⏰ Time (when you practiced, how long, how many days)
🪜 Techniques (Scales, bowing, ear-training, etc.)
🏆 What went well
📈 What could use improvement
🧠 What you learned
📆 What you’ll do next (tomorrow or next week)
Let me know if you have suggestions or ideas to improve this. Leave a comment or email me.