Home ยป Forums ยป Student Videos ยป Tennessee Waltz

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Marg Sherringham
      Participant

This is a community group I run called Filigree.
      In the week leading up to Xmas we were asked to play for some local village residents who mostly live alone and are provided morning tea, companionship and sometimes a guest speaker once a week at ‘The Hub.’

Jocelyn Martens
      Participant

So nice to see this happening, and you organizing this group! I love playing in a group, and look forward to doing something similar again someday. You inspire Marg, what a beautiful group of musicians, a well balanced variety of instruments, and you blend great together ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ What an awesome spread of space to play in too! And the harmonies ๐Ÿ’™
      I sing monthly with a group for folks in a seniors home and it is so well engaged and appreciated.

Juliamary
      Participant

โค๏ธ

Marg Sherringham
      Participant

Thanks for your feedback Jocelyn. Yes, this is a lovely group to play with and we’ve also developed friendships through our love of music. I write some of the harmonies for our music collection. Good to hear that you sing for elders in your community and I hope you can pull a few musicians together to play with soon. I think music is a great way to connect with others, and have a theory that it releases endorphins or dopamine or some sort of feel good chemical to the brain.๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks Juliamary, glad you liked it too.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.