NEW HOMEPAGE LANDING PAGE Forums Student Videos Give the Fiddler a Dram Timing Challenge

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Joanne Iles
      Participant

This is Day 8 and so far the only video I dare to share! I started at 80bpm and this has increased to 108bpm (for some reason my metronome increases by 4bpm!) I’ve been slowing the different segments of the tune in order to be able to play them faster when put back together as Jason suggests.

Carolyn
      Participant

Nice! That is a tricky little tune. (AKA “Who’s Been Here Since I’ve Been Gone?” as the soldier returns to his pregnant wife)

Joanne Iles
      Participant

Thanks Carolyn! I never knew there were words to the tune & an alternative title. I’ll look it up.

Joanne Iles
      Participant

This was Day 1!

Joanne Iles
      Participant

This is Day 14: increased to 138bpm. It was OK till I messed-up the ending!

cynhrossi
      Participant

Impressive, Jo! What great progress! Thanks for sharing this….it’s so helpful to see how others do this! Just learning to follow that metronome is challenging and you’ve got it!

Joanne Iles
        Participant

Thanks @cynhrossi !
        It took me a while to get the playing with a metronome thing! I started by just playing a note with a beat and actually found it easier at first to play with the drum patterns that are on the site at Beat Central. Jason has a really useful video on “how to play with a metronome” it certainly on his YouTube channel if not on the website.

kate.kakadu
      Participant

Well done, Joanne! It’s a very good discipline to practice with the metronome and drum beats. I need to do more of it with the songs I’ve learnt. I seem to get to a certain speed and then everything falls apart!

Carolyn
      Participant

Nice! It’s such a cool tune, and you are doing great on it! Metronome is a demanding master.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.