NEW HOMEPAGE LANDING PAGE Forums Student Videos Day 1 FPC video

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike Reeve
      Participant

Kvmceff
      Participant

Look at you. Very organized and documenting your goals. Bowing looks pretty good to me. Do some very slow long strokes from frog to tip and see what happens. As you get all the way to the frog it will force your wrist to bend in order for the bow to stay perpendicular to the strings. Doing it slowly will train the wrist to make this bend. Your elbow and shoulder will also make some movement to accommodate. Then notice that even the greats are not always, all the time, exactly perpendicular to the string. We are human and it is normal. If the tone suffers — you know you are too far off the perpendicular.

Mike Reeve
        Participant

Hi @kvmceff and thanks for your comment. I do struggle to bend the wrist for some reason and end up with a sort of liquid hand rather than a wrist movement. I’m not too concerned about it if I’m honest, but the FPC gives me an opportunity to focus on some things so I thought I would try that. I also have an issue with bow weight and not using the forefinger enough to add pressure I think, but that’s for another video.

jason kleinberg
      Keymaster

Nice Mike. I’m also going to post this to the FPC home page. Cheers…

Mike Reeve
        Participant

Oh dear … I thought this WAS the FPC home page … Thanks Jason. How do I get to the FPC page then? πŸ™‚

Joanne Iles
      Participant

I love this video! Your vibrato really isn’t rubbish! I’m still at the sounding like a car alarm stageπŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Mike Reeve
        Participant

hahaha – brilliant. Thank you Joanne, I’m glad you enjoyed it and thanks for your positive comment.

Kvmceff
      Participant

Here’s my first video. Haven’t figured out all the particulars yet. Hope it’s ok to jump on what you started as mine is 14 day challenge too.

Karen

Mike Reeve
        Participant

Hi Karen,

I don’t mind at all, but for some reason it says your video isn’t available, so I can’t see it πŸ™

Kvmceff
      Participant

Weird. It’s there when I look no matter which of my devices I use. Any ideas on how to fix?

Mike Reeve
        Participant

it IS weird, because now it IS there. πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.