Home » Forums » Student Videos » Banshee

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael G
      Participant

Man, this is a tough one. But I have been working on it for a week or so and will keep working on this one. I feel like working on this one to smooth it out, improve the intonation, and get the bowing nice and loose will push me forward on the path. Fiddling is like whack-a-mole. You work on intonation and tone falls apart. You work on tone and intonation falls apart. You work on bowing patterns and everything else falls apart. But even so, I feel like pushing on dialing in all the elements on tunes like this is helpful.

Rita
      Participant

Well done. That is not an easy tune to learn.

kate.kakadu
      Participant

You did a great job with that, Michael – good flow, groove and tone. The work you’ve been doing is paying off. Completely agree about the whack-a-mole nature of learning violin. I’ve been trying to learn vibrato and tone has gone out the window. But I think you will always see overall improvement if you compare yourself to a couple of months ago. I reckon we just become more aware of our playing and it’s good to aspire to a higher level. But rest assured, that was very good to listen to!

Michael G
      Participant

Thanks for your encouraging words, Kate and Rita!

Marg Sherringham
      Participant

That was great Michael, we can see all the work you’ve done, there’s a lot to pull together and you’re doing it really well! Yep, we can all relate to the co-ordination of technical challenges you mentioned, but isn’t it such a good feeling when things come together? Then there’s the next new thing to layer in, or the next new tune, it’s always interesting. I think we’re very fortunate to have Jason’s method, he’s a very dedicated and thoughtful teacher. Please keep submitting your videos, it’s inspiring to see each others development.

Michael G
      Participant

Thank you, Marg!

Debbie Hill
      Participant

Your timing is right on! Sounds very good to me.

Joanne Iles
      Participant

Well played Michael! This has great rhythm & musicality.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.