Orange Blossom Special – Lesson 1
This is the first lesson in a series on the Orange Blossom Special. It’s a challenging tune that integrates a few advanced techniques: polyrhythmic string crossing, advanced fingering, and double stops.
I’ve had a lot of requests for this but have held off. It always seemed a bit show-offy. But I recently started fiddling with it and realized that if it was broken down enough, even a beginner could start with the basic pattern.
In this lesson I’ll introduce the whole tune and then walk through each of the five lessons we’ll do:
- [OBS: 1] Overview and the basic rhythmic pattern
- [OBS: 2] Adding advanced fingering to the basic pattern
- [OBS: 3] Learning and practicing the chords
- [OBS: 4] Putting together the A part
- [OBS: 5] Learning the B part
In this lesson, we’ll learn the basic rhythmic pattern in a simple way. It’s tricky, but I think if you are an advanced beginner you can do it. Let me know how it goes in a comment…