I’ve been learning old-time tunes from the new album Long Violent History by Tyler Childers. I use a technique called Fingerprinting to help me remember what I’ve learned.
The basic process:
- Say the name of the tune.
- Play the first little bit.
- At the end of a session, do this for all tunes you practiced.
View this post on Instagram
Two ways I can help you level up your fiddling
- Sign up for the FiddleHed newsletter below.
- Sign up for the Free Two-week Trial. You’ll get full access to all courses and group lessons. Plus, I’ll send you some free lessons tailored to your current skill level.
Thanks for being here 🙏