NEW HOMEPAGE LANDING PAGE Forums Student Videos Medley with strum machine

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      kate.kakadu
      Participant

I was inspired by Marg, so got the strum machine app and threw myself the challenge of doing a medley. So hard! Good practice at listening though!

Debbie Hill
      Participant

Nice! Smooth transitions. Love the background choice. Your intonation is so good!

Owen
      Participant

Wasn’t that wonderful! Really smooth bowing and so well done, Kate. Did you choose the songs by key, style or both?

kate.kakadu
      Participant

Thanks for your feedback! I’ve been really working on my bow hold and having a flexible and not rigid hand to work towards smooth changes – a work in progress but finally seeing some improvement. The selection of songs is pretty random, just songs I liked and wanted to improve, or try variation on. The main challenge was doing a set of something and 1. just being able to remember the set songs all the way through and not stopping if I stuff up 2. Actually getting through the set without stuffing up (this is the closest I got and I’m so relieved I finally did it ) 2. Really listening and following the time of strum machine (not changing to my own half way through). It was very challenging – lots and lots of practise!

Marg Sherringham
      Participant

Kate, this is absolutely fantastic! Good on you, and glad you’re having fun with Strum Machine. I loved your playing especially the rolls, great Irish feel, beautiful intonation. Wow, blew me away!

kate.kakadu
      Participant

Thanks Marg! You were the inspiration with your medley. I think strum machine is a good way to build up speed on songs. I really liked how the songs in your medley interwove so beautifully. That may be a good thing for Jason to teach or discuss – how to compile a complimentary set.

Patty
      Participant

Nice job!!! So great on the timing and tone…. love it!!! Now I’m off to mess with Strum Machine too!!

Joanne Iles
      Participant

What a nice medley, lots of my favourites too in there! I really like your playing so smooth and relaxed.

jason kleinberg
      Keymaster

Niiiice.So great to hear you playing this cool tune.

jason kleinberg
      Keymaster

good choice of jigs to follow the gavotte

kate.kakadu
      Participant

Thanks, Jason. I’m not sure if there is a particular method of choosing songs to play together in a set. Hope to see you post something with strum machine soon, Patty! It’s a great tool.

jameseke
      Participant

Great job

MaryReid
      Participant

VEry Nice.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.