Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Tom
      Participant

I fired up my Raagini drone in D Major this afternoon, and it goes great with four Scottish/Irish laments on this rainy April day in Covid Times, reminding me of bagpipes. It’s either depressing or uplifting, depending on your point of view.

I hoped to add some interest by using some photos from Ireland/Scotland trips we took in the past few years, so you don’t have to stare at my mug for over 4 minutes!

Joanne Iles
      Participant

That’s a nice selection of tunes & well played. Good video too, thanks for sharing Tom!

Tom
        Participant

Thanks Joanne. I love those old slow songs. Lots of fun.

Carolyn
      Participant

Well done! Inspiring.

cbFidHed2020
      Participant

Hey Tom, nice job. I like that mournful “droning lonesome sound” you evoke with your laments and the Raagini. It’s like a trip to the Isles. Love the photos! I’m sure it took some effort to put that together. Thanks for sharing.

Carolyn B.

Tom
        Participant

Thank you both Carolyns. I like the term “lonesome sound”. I would love to be playing those tunes at some of those lonesome beaches and cliffs included in the video.

The vid of me was the first take, so I let the occasional flub go. That left more time for adding slides. I use Adobe Premiere Elements for editing videos, so it was actually not too long of an effort. It was a fun project for a rainy afternoon!

Bluegrassgal
      Participant

Love this! I need to work on some slow tunes and you have inspired me to do that, thanks.

Ear_eim
      Participant

Hi Tom, wow! Big Applause! Loved your playing and the video. Those are lovely songs you’ve picked and beautiful photos (baby seal so cute). Great production, really atmospheric.

Tom
        Participant

Thank you, Eimear! The baby seal is my favourite as well, but the baby donkey and the hairy coo are close second and third.

Those songs and pics really make me want to hop over the pond again soon.

cynhrossi
      Participant

Tom, those were positively beautiful! Love those laments and those slower, mournful sounding tunes. You are an inspiration!! Loved the medley — some of my most favorite tunes! Thanks again for sharing!

kate.kakadu
      Participant

Beautifully played, Tom, with lots of soul!

Tom
      Participant

Thank you @kate-kakadu and @cynhrossi for kind words. I find slow songs like those are a great break from the harder work of double stops, metronome and speed challenges!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.