Home » Forums » Student Videos » Ash Grove with harmony

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Debbie Hill
      Participant

Owen
      Participant

Just splendid, Debbie. You’ve always liked to harmonize (Ashokan!) and this one is very nice‼️

Patty
      Participant

Ah, wonderful!! I am in love with harmonies and this is such a nice blending!! Great video, Debbie.

Jocelyn Martens
      Participant

There’s something so enjoyable in bringing our own sounds together, the blending is precise and sounds mesh so easefully. I also thoroughly enjoyed this mixture you made, Debbie, and experiencing you playing with the recording live, fun and exciting elements! 😀 👏🏼

Debbie Hill
      Participant

Thanks! When you can’t play with others…..

Debbie Hill
      Participant

Replying to Jo-yes, I’m playing both parts. I record the tune, then listen to that on headphones while I play and record the harmony on another device. Then I play the harmony recording while playing and video taping the whole thing. Is there an easier way? Let me know! The harmony is from Liz Faiella.

Jocelyn Martens
        Participant

Neat method ~ I currently use the free version of Garageband, where I can add parts separatetly and similarly listen to the other parts in headphones when I am adding another part (keeping 1 ear out of headphone to hear myself really well too.
        Sometimes with the first part I record, I’ll have a metronome playing in my headphones to get a real solid tempo, without the metronome being played on the recording.. when I’m wanting it precisely tempoed.
        I’ve also used a voice memo app, and play a/my recording on an external speaker while I play along with it, using 2 devices – 1 to play the recording onto a speaker, and another to record me playing along with the recording on speaker. That tends to take more configuring to get the speaker in the right place and the volume right with my playing, where with Garageband, this can be adjusted on the program.
        The more live/original the sound is going into the recording device, the better the quality retained.

Be cool to hear what other folks do, lots of good methods out there.
        My brother mentioned he uses a program called Ableton for a similar purpose.

Susieq
      Participant

Debbie i just listened to this and it was absolutely beautiful! Your timing is so perfect and it blends so well with the music. Awesome!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.