Home » Forums » Student Videos » Arran Boat Song with a Simon & Garfunkel mix

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Joanne Iles
      Participant

I’ve been working on this medley for a few weeks to combine The Sound of Silence with Arran Boat Song then Scarborough Fair. They’re all in E & sound quite nice together I think

Ann Seye
      Participant

Very nice! Great sound! 🤩

Debbie Hill
      Participant

So nice how they flow together! Lovely.

Caren
      Participant

Wow, the three tunes make a really nice set! Lovely playing, too. 😍

Patty
      Participant

Beautiful, wistful playing…. love the medley!!!

Malcolm
      Participant

This is very nice! Very enjoyable to listen to. I would love to be at your level of play. May I ask you how long you have been playing?

Jocelyn Martens
        Participant

Great points, Malcolm. I’d also be interested to hear generally how often and for how long Joanne plays as well 🙂 The commitment and dedication shines!

Joanne Iles
      Participant

Aww thanks everyone! In response to Malcolm & Jocelyn, I started playing with no previous experience or musical knowledge, in early 2019. I’d always loved the sound of a fiddle on many songs & thought I’d love to be able to play. I spoke with a few fiddlers at that time & they all said the same thing,- play everyday! So that’s what I do, I play every day for at least 1 hour. I don’t read music too well but I love to listen to all kinds of music & then make up stuff to play along. This Fiddlehed site has taught me all I know and I love the learning, fun & support it gives.

Malcolm
      Participant

Thank you for your reply, Joanne! This is very helpful to know. I have listened to this several times. So inspirational! Videos like yours keep me motivated to practice. I so look forward to reaching your level of talent. Thank you for posting your video.

Joanne Iles
        Participant

Thank you Malcolm, I hope you keep enjoying your playing & continue to reach your goals.

Owen
      Participant

Really nice, Joanne. The bowing smooth, and mostly by the wrist. You are right, they go together nicely!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.