- Irish Fiddle Journeys – overview
- Trills variation – lesson
- Trills exercises
- Note: trills form the basis of most of the embellishments we will learn: grace notes, cuts, mordents and rolls.
- Melodic Variation On Scales
I’ll teach basic and variation lessons for core tunes. Think of these as old friends that teach us new things when we re-visit them.
Learn or review at least two of the following core tunes:
- Mary Had A Little Lamb – melodic variation
- Note: we’ll return to this tune throughout the course. It’s an easy and fun way to integrate the embellishments you’ll be learning.
The bonus tunes will help to expand your fiddle vocabulary. They are also a way to experiment with adding variation on your own.