Home » Forums » Student Videos » Wayfaring Stranger

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Joanne Iles
      Participant

I’ve been practicing some simpler tunes along with a beat to try & improve my timing & I’ve got a bit hooked by this tune! In particular, the version by Jack White that is shared on the fiddlehed site. This is recorded with the Fiddlehed Beat Central brushes 4/4 & raagini D Drone.

Nick Wilkins
      Participant

Ah, that’s great, Jo. I can really see how that tune could get under your skin! Well done [again!]

Joanne Iles
        Participant

Thanks Nick, it certainly has ” earworm” potential!

kate.kakadu
      Participant

Sounds great, Joanne! Nice slides and great idea using the raagini drone and beat. Love this song too and want to learn the Jack Black version’s violin accompaniment- That would be a good call and response lesson, Jason!

Joanne Iles
        Participant

Thanks Kate! Yes me too, I’ve started trying to fathom the violin on his recording- next project!

Owen
      Participant

Nicely done, Joanne! Yeah, the slides were cool! I like that song as well. Back before the Pandemic it would be played occasionally at one of the Jams here in Richmond, Va.

Joanne Iles
        Participant

Thanks Owen! I could imagine it being a great tune to play at a jam….one day, let’s hope.

Bluegrassgal
      Participant

Sounding great! Your violin has a lovely tone. Well done

Debbie Hill
      Participant

Smooth! Great choice of beat.

cynhrossi
      Participant

That’s beautiful, Joanne! Love that beat and drone with it. Great job on the slides and runs! Thanks for sharing!

Patty
      Participant

Beautiful playing!

Joanne Iles
      Participant

Thanks everyone for all the nice & kind comments🙏

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.