Home » Forums » Student Videos » Kerfunken jig first try

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

this is a nice tune. The big obstacle for me is technique… bow gets bouncy at times, how to move from one string to another cleanly, etc. So I will stay with the Kerfunken page for a week or two, not focusing on the tune but on practicing stuff. There is a lot of it… thank you Jason 🙂

kate.kakadu
      Participant

Thanks for posting, Niels. That was a very tuneful rendition of the song for first go. Makes me want to play it now! Look forward to hearing you play it in a couple of weeks after your practice journey. It’s inspiring watching and hearing how others improve on this forum, and motivating to get in there and practice new techniques and revisit songs.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Kate, thanks for the positive feedback 🙂 That was my plan, do another take in two weeks to see if I made any progress.

Joanne Iles
      Participant

That’s really good for your first try. It’s a lovely tune to learn & play. It will be interesting to see you post again soon.

MaryReid
      Participant

Great job. Love your determination.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks you Joanne and Mary for the hond words. I did two follow up takes but having trouble uploading… Hopefully soon

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hond=kind

Anonymous
      Inactive

Maybe it works when I keep it short.
      Minding relaxed fingers of the right
      hand… Smoother strokes but melody is a bit choppy

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ha, success😀
      This one is a week later, also minding a smoother melody…

kate.kakadu
      Participant

Great work, Great improvement on your tone and playing the notes fully. That’s what I love about videos everyone posts after a focus on practising. It’s inspiring. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Kate, thank you for listening and for the encouraging words.
      I also find it inspiring to be in the company of fellow fiddle students.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.