Home » Forums » Student Videos » Day 4 – Last of the Mohicans’ Main Theme “The Gael”

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Leanna
      Participant

Last of the Mohicans

Working on slowing this down, lingering on a few notes, and smoothing out my bowing.

Leanna
      Participant

Sorry, I haven’t figured out how to make the video play within the Fiddlehed site. If anyone has a tip, please let me know. I left the box unchecked that indicated it would open up the video on a separate screen, but that’s exactly what’s happened.

Mike Reeve
      Participant

Hi Leanna – did you upload the video to your own YouTube channel first?

jason kleinberg
      Keymaster

Nice!
      You just have to paste the share link from YouTube in a comment.

Leanna
        Participant

Yeah! Thanks, Jason for helping me post my video properly.

Mike Reeve
      Participant

Well that seems very complicated but great job with it. Some really nice sounds in there to my ear and I feel your pain with the ‘slowing it down’ thing. I find that slurring notes when I’m playing a tune just automatically speeds everything up. That middle part though, sounded great and some really good ornaments. … Brava Leanna

Patty
      Participant

Love, love this…. a challenging piece well done!

Keith Calhoun
      Participant

Nice job Leanna! I am also working on this tune, among others. Yes, you might slow it down a bit to get more accuracy in the notes. Like Tim O’Brian says, “If you can’t play it slow, you sure can’t play it fast!” That’s a difficult tune with all the 5 note rolls but I am slogging my way through it, just like you! Thanks for posting! 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.