Home » Forums » Student Videos » Bill Sullivan’s Polka

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Bluegrassgal
      Participant

The weather has been dreadful today so I’ve decided to upload the latest tune I’ve been learning. I don’t think Jason teaches this one but I came across it on youtube and managed to write my own tab, so feeling a bit chuffed with myself. Not perfect yet but getting there 🙂

Nick Wilkins
      Participant

From your accent, I’d say you are a two hundred miles north of me, so I’ll boast and say that our weather is wonderful at present!

@bluegrassgal
      , that is so good! You are one of my key inspiration figures, really.

When you are playing, are you reading the tab? It’s wonderful that you can play without looking at your fingers! I’m trying to get to that stage, but not there at all yet.

So good. Take care.

Bluegrassgal
        Participant

Ha ha yes it’s grim up North, the sun did come out later but so did the hail!
        I am reading the tab on this one as I have only just learnt it this week. I don’t usually video myself until I’ve learnt it by heart but I just wanted to see how it sounded.
        I did look at my fingers to begin with but have trained myself not to do this now because I sometimes wear contact lenses and I can’t see close up when wearing them or maybe I’m just getting older, also I think it helps with the tuning.
        Be good to see one of your videos when you’re ready, glad to be an inspiration to you.

cbFidHed2020
      Participant

Great. I really like those nice driving rhythms.

MaryReid
      Participant

Very nice. Good sound, steady beat. Well done.

jason kleinberg
      Keymaster

Niiice!

Love your version of this tune. 👏

jason kleinberg
      Keymaster

ps: I know this tune but never knew the name of it…

Joanne Iles
      Participant

Wow! Really like this, well played!👏👏

Owen
      Participant

Oh, that was very well done, Bluegrassgal!! Thanks for the video.

Bluegrassgal
      Participant

Thank you @owneee61 and @maryreid

kate.kakadu
      Participant

Very impressive for just learning the song! I wish I could play at that speed, but it just gets messy!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.