Home » Forums » Student Videos » Day 5 – Fiddler’s Green » Reply To: Day 5 – Fiddler’s Green

Tom
Participant

I recorded three videos using the built-in camera on my HP all-in-one Windows 10 PC, along with an attached USB microphone (Blue Yeti): first, playing the main melody; then a separate video playing chords while listening to the first video on headphones; then the third video, recording vocals while listening to the first video again. This way the the original melody video also served as the timing track for the other two.

I stacked all three videos into a simple editing software I use, Photoshop Premiere Elements. Then I slid the second and third videos back and forth along the time line so they were all in sync with the first. Then I trimmed the lead-ins and endings so the were all the same length. The software allows me to fade and adjust the audio volumes in each video independently. Similarly, each video’s imagery can be faded in and out so you see different video at different times, while the mixed volume continues as set originally.

Then exported the project to an MP4 file and uploaded that to YouTube.

I don’t consider myself to have a good singing voice, but it does seem easier, when you hear yourself in the headphones as you sing and record.

In any case, if you can’t impress with singing and playing skills, at least the technology can be a pleasant distraction!!