How often do I need to use rosin on my bow?
Joe, from Los Angeles, Anita from Mulberry TN and Richard from Utah asked this.
In a nutshell 🥜
- The more you play, the more frequently you need to apply rosin.
- Apply rosin every 4-6 hours. Roughly twice a week.
- If there’s not enough the bow slides.
- If there’s too much, there’ll be clouds of rosin dust.
- I currently use Hindersine.
This micro-lesson is an excerpt from an office hours webinar I gave on July 15, 2020. FiddleHed subscribers can view the entire live-stream with indexed questions here.
Are you ready to begin your fiddle journey? I’ll send you some free lessons tailored to your current skill level.