Owen
      Participant

Nick Wilkins
      Participant

Ah, great playing, Owen!

If I could just get my bow working that smoothly! #inspiration

Owen
      Participant

Hey thanks, Nick! I missed Sunday’s session as I had to work. Did you make and, if so, what was it like.

Nick Wilkins
        Participant

Hi Owen, no I didn’t make it – I was working too!

Something really interesting happened [in a fiddle sense] on Saturday though, and I’ll post to ‘Chatting on the Porch’ soon in case it’s of interest to anyone.

Take care and keep inspiring us beginners!

Carolyn
      Participant

Very nice! Pretty tune, and well-done.

[email protected]
      Participant

Thanks for your great performance of Rolling Waves. Really encouraging to us “mature” fiddlers. I’m 66 and have been playing for about 18 months.

Wendy Pickford
      Participant

Love this – I’ve just started learning and you’ve inspired me!

Owen
      Participant

Well thanks Wendy. My arthritic fingers don’t always behave well, but I try, and I enjoy it. I hope you have fun playing and look forward to hearing you play too. I’m already in my fourth year of playing with Fiddlehed as my main training.

nettielynn
      Participant

Bravo Owen that is one of my favorite songs.

Owen
      Participant

Thank you NettieLynn. I do like Irish music. How long have you played the violin? And what kind of music do you favor?

Markb
      Participant

Great intonation and bowing…. brilliant stuff Owen!

Owen
      Participant

Thank you, Mark. Brilliant would be the last word I’d ever use to describe my playing….but, I would call my desire to play quite high. A couple of years ago, with very limited talent, or bravery, I walked into a brewery where a fiddle jam was proceeding and managed to have a good time playing some simply back-up chords to some bluegrass tunes and met a lot of nice people. I was quite terrified, to be honest. But, again; it shows my desire to learn despite “barriers”, which many times I placed myself.

Nick Wilkins
        Participant

See, Owen – that’s the point! That must have been a great experience – bet you didn’t sleep much that night!

#inspirational

Owen
      Participant

No Nick, I was kind of wired, as I remember!

O

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.