Home Page for Non Logged In Forums Chatting On The Porch Weekly practice buddy

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Dayvey
      Participant

Hello eveyone! Is anyone interested in a weekly practice meet up around SF? I’m looking for a weekly practice buddy or buddies. We can go over tunes we know and feel comfortable with, go over practice techniques or just jam. I currently take in person lessons in SF, so I am open to meet-ups in SF or the SF bay area.

Happy fiddling!

jason kleinberg
      Keymaster

Hey, good idea!

Lin
      Participant

A pure guess on my part is that SF means San Francisco???? I have only just learnt that SoCal means Southern Caifornia. Both of these are a little far to come from the UK!! Could we possibly be a bit clearer on location, as we are not all from USA.
      Best wishes
      Lin

ega05aep
        Participant

Hi Lin, Where are you in UK? I’m in Sheffield.

Lin
        Participant

hi I am in North Nottinghamshire by Bawtry, not too far from Sheffield

[email protected]
      Participant

Hi, All

In Indianapolis I am fortunate to have a group that I can play with. I belong to the Central Indiana Folk Music Society. We meet monthly and frequently play programs for organizations around Indy. We welcome musicians of all levels and many instruments. There are groups within the organization and one of them is a casual gathering of fiddles. Currently we are working on Ashokan Farewell and John Stinson #2. If you’re near the central Indiana area I recommend checking it out. While not exactly a practice buddy it offers the opportunity to learn and perform. More like 60 practice buddies …just not all fiddles.

Lois

Barb_Heskett
      Participant

Any intermediate fiddlers in the Chicagoland area interested in a practice meetup? I’m in the near west suburbs.

Are there any beginner fiddlers who would care to be a fiddle friend online? I’m located in Canada. I’ve been playing for 1 year.

phl391
        Participant

Hi! yeah I’m based in Saskatoon, been almost 2 years playing now, I could use an online fiddle friend! 🙂

emmie
      Participant

Hi, I’m in South Carolina, near Charlotte NC. Any fiddlers near my neck of the woods or the nearby cities .. I get out to Asheville NC and Greenville SC a bit too?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.