Home Page for Non Logged In Forums Chatting On The Porch Take Off the Training Wheels

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Kiamichi
      Participant

So, today I did it. I took off my fingerboard marking tapes after 3 months of using them. I thought I couldn’t possibly be ready, but I was watching the video on playing in tune today and decided to try it after Jason called them training wheels. I figured I can always put them back on if I sound terrible.

But wonder of wonders, I don’t sound terrible. At least no worse than I do with the tapes on. I still like to keep an eye on my bridge to make sure my bow isn’t migrating too close, but my fingers don’t need me to watch them like I thought they would. I was able to just look at my Kerfunken sheet music and play without hunting for my tapes.

It feels a little like the first time my dad took off the training wheels: exhilarating!

jlmilld
      Participant

Congratulations! That is a huge milestone! I am not brave enough yet but hopefully I can follow suit!!!

jason kleinberg
      Keymaster

Nice! This step is a lot easier if you use drone tracks.

jason kleinberg
      Keymaster

Nice! This step is a lot easier if you use drone tracks.

castanu92
      Participant

Well done! Also thanks for your response on my post about playing under vocals.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.