Home Page for Non Logged In Forums Community Share video of your fiddling!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

jasonkleinberg
    Keymaster

Here is a place where you can share video of yourself playing the fiddle. This is a way to ask questions, cheerlead each other and keep us practicing every day.

Here’s a detailed lesson on how it works: https://wp.me/P8OLq8-7B9

Blucy
    Participant

Wondering if this works here with the the Privacy mode still set on the video on my channel. Or if I have to set it to Public, in order for my url here to allow you to view the video.
    If you try and it opens, or it doesn’t, let me know pretty please, and thanks.

jasonkleinberg
      Keymaster

Nice tone!

jasonkleinberg
      Keymaster

Hey Blucy, nice tone!

Blucy
      Participant

Tennessee Waltz. Why is it hard to see when the bow is lined up? My eyes and the video/mirror don’t agree. Is there a practical way to work on this without the mirror/video? https://youtu.be/9HXuoEBMNRk

Blucy
      Participant

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HXuoEBMNRk?start=3&w=560&h=315%5D

–things I need to improve– memory of whole tune so as not to stop where the song doesn’t pause, moving to 3 finger while string crossing any combo, and hope someone can explain how to line up the bow to the bridge. The mirror and video are great, but when that’s not there, my eyes see it aligned when it is not. . . tricks anyone? or just do it so much with eyes on the mirror that you learn it that way?

Blucy
    Participant

Sure, sounds fun.

If it doesn’t load let me know — I was trying to see if I could still have it set private on Youtube but use the URL this way. I’ll change the settings if needed.
    Open to feedback, and no it’s not quite note for note. But I like this tune

MoonShadows
    Participant

Loaded just fine. Nice job, Blucy! I love Shenandoah.

jasonkleinberg
    Keymaster

Hey Blucy, nice tone!

Blucy
    Participant

Thanks Jason and MoonShadows
    Hoping to see someone else post a video too.

MoonShadows
    Participant

If I ever learn how to use this Zoom video recorder I bought a few months back, I will post, too.

Hi Blucy, thanks for sharing your video. You do have a very nice tone! I am wondering the same thing about other ways to line up the bow. Watching in the mirror is hard, and i’m Not sure very effective for me in the long run. Was thinking about having someone watch me and tell me when i’m Not straight on a regular basis. I’ve noticed my wrist is pretty non fluid when I play, so I think that’s part of the problem, but don’t know how to work on that.

Blucy
    Participant

Hi Roseorock, I tried using a tablet with a camera app. It lets me shrink the size of the app so I can have tab or sheet music or even a video lesson going at the same time. Then I can record myself while I practice, watch and try to correct the places that look and sound the worst. Sometimes I just place the computer/tablet where I can see my left hand and the screen at the same time. It’s a lot like the mirror, only it’s there to watch again in case I’d rather just pay attention to something else. Slowly getting better. Also today, I just played easy tunes I already know. My new plan for Wednesdays is all review so I can relax my brain and work on my hands.

Blucy, thanks, will have to try something like that. Ginny

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.