Home Page for Non Logged In Forums Practice Questions Practicing the G Major Scale

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Ginny.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      davidsbrown
      Participant

I’m confused.

Jason’s practice session on playing the G Major scale (1.4) has you playing G0, G1, G2, and G3. Fair enough.
      But that’s only 4 notes, not the entire scale, is it?

For example, when he launches into playing the D Major scale, he has you playing 8 notes, starting on D0. Someone who can read music would tell you there’s a sharp thrown in there. Am I supposed to know about sharps in section 1.4? Maybe I dozed off but I don’t think so.

Perhaps related to this is the fact that I think I can play 4 notes of a G Major scale starting on G0 or on D3. No?

But if I want to play 8 notes of either of those scales, do I need to know more about sharps than I do right now?

Ginny
      Participant

I wondered about this too. Did you ever find out?

Blucy

G major scale is an octave just like D and A. It has an F# in it
      so . . . . G0 123 D0 123

then someone correct me if I’m wrong as I type without my fiddle to check the sound
      it’s low 2 on the A string and E string if you want to play a second octave of G, starting at D3 (G). . . A0 1 L2 3 E0 1 L2

Blucy

Also check out Library/PracticeCentral/Scale Central. It’s written out for both octaves in tab and there are tracks and triad interval exercises

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Blucy.
      Ginny
      Participant

Thanks Blucy, will check that out.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.