Home Page for Non Logged In Forums Practice Questions Note Reading for Fiddler’s

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      MoonShadows

I found this online and am finding it helping in making the slow transition from relying totally on Tabs to learning how to read notes, since both the tabs and notes can be written on the same page.
      Staff and Tabs

jasonkleinberg
      Keymaster

Thanks for posting @moonshadows. But the tabs are for ukulele…

MoonShadows

Yup, I know that, Jason. I probably should have mentioned I just scratch out the A-E-C-G and write in E-A-D-G.

I threw it in Adobe Photoshop just now and edited it to reflect E-A-D-G, so no one gets confused.

Fiddle Staff and Tabs

jasonkleinberg
      Keymaster

@moonshadows, do you find this form of tablature to be easier to read than the FiddleHed tab system?

D2-1-0-1-2-2-2

jasonkleinberg
        Keymaster

It might be good for you to write out tabs and the standard sheet music in the line above that. Have you tried this?

Nick Wilkins
        Participant

Hi Jason, I just asked a question elsewhere on these forums about if I should use notation, tab or memory, but I have to say that I find your tab REALLY easy to follow!

I’m copying down your tab from the animated thing at the top right, and it’s great. Thank you.

MoonShadows

Yes. I usually take your tabs and write them out on this form. My brain sees the number move up or down the line, and my fingers just adjust. With the form you use (D2-1-0-1-2-2-2), I have to think when I see a new letter. My fingers don’t move “automatically” unless I see it on the tab graph. Not sure what other members would say. Might just be my learning preference.

jasonkleinberg
        Keymaster

It might be good for you to write out tabs and the standard sheet music in the line above that. Have you tried this?

MoonShadows

Yes.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.