Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lin
      Participant

Has anyone else started to use the new “completed” icons , which you can use to record when you have completed a section in Jason’s course??? It seems to work well on the day you are using it, but when I go back another day in order to continue, the ongoing log seems to have disappeared and you have no record of where you have got to. Fortunately I printed off the course list, and cross off each section with a pencil so I know where I have got to eg. Beginner Module 1.4

davidsbrown
      Participant

I suspect that the information about which lessons you have completed is stored in a cookie that the Fiddlehed software deposits on your computer. If you delete that cookie, or your system is set to not allow cookies, or set to delete cookies on exit, then your lesson status will be lost. A different but more reliable solution would be much more difficult to implement.

Let’s look to see if it works for some but not for others.

Lin
      Participant

Hi David
      Thanks for replying. I think it also various on whether I use the “back” button or I go through the main menu to return to something. I will try to explain that a bit clearer. If I am working on 1.5 Pentatonic scales, I press “complete” then I can either click on the back button, or got to the page which lists all the lessons. If click return, I keep my “numbers completed eg 5/11, but if I take the second option, I lose my aggregated numbers .

Its only 1 hitch in an otherwise excellent course, although I have found one or two others, like no PDFs for certain tunes, but that I think is due to printing permissions for tunes in the public domain or traditional.

Anyway I totally applaud Jason for his hard work and enthusiasm to help us beginners

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.