Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      dpkg
      Participant

Hi everybody,

thanks for all the work being put in all these pages!

When I tune my fiddle with a 440Hz (A) tuning fork, the D Drones in “Drone central” appear a little flat to me.
      Can anyone confirm or am I just mistaken?

Cheers, Jan

MaximusVonC
      Participant

dpkg,

Hey, So I finally had the time to check on this. I used 3 different tune finders and my ear. Granted, this will depend on your own speaker set up for your computer, but on mine the 2 digitals showed about 2-5 c flat, but that is still well within the note bandwidth, my pitch pipe was pretty on the money too. I say this, but I’m still working on my own ear- and I tune my violin with my digital tuner, so I can’t actually say more than that.

I know this isn’t much help, but if Jason is recording drones by hand and then looping them (and with the fluctuations in the Drone I imagine he is) you won’t get a perfect drone no matter what- too many variables, but I’m just a spectator. I would take the drones lightly- use them at a low volume for a background while you play.

Regards,
      Max

dpkg
      Participant

Hi Max,

thanks for checking this out. I guess I’ll just get my ears tuned …

Cheers, Jan

jasonkleinberg
      Keymaster

Sorry for the late response. The drones are layers of tones which are hand-recorded. There will be slight fluctuations in the tuning of these notes. Let me know if this throws you off or bothers you. I could easily make computer generated drones rather than playing them on the fiddle. Thanks…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.