Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Owen
      Participant

Hi All,
      Took a trip from my home in Virginia to San Diego, home of my son, his wife and my two Grandboys. Decided to place my hard cased fiddle on the plane as baggage. I “think” I could have carried it under the seat as a “carry-on”, but I decided against that. All worked out well! I was away 8 days, and I played pretty much each day, usually with the assistance of two boys! I let them handle the bow each day and they loved it. I worked on “Pretty Little Dog.” It took me all week to get the song in my head and be able to play up to speed. It is in A Dorian scale and very pretty, as it transitions octaves within same melody. Hope everyone is doing OK out there, and having fun fiddling!

MoonShadows

Sounds like you had a great trip. I have two grand daughters in San Jacinto, about 30 miles southeast of San Bernadino. I don’t travel out there, but I see them when they come East. I have been keeping up on my practice since the Fall challenge.

Blucy

I’m so glad that worked out for you @owneee61. Did you have any reassurances before flying that the temperature would remain steady enough or in a safe range not to affect the violin? I’ve wanted to travel with mine but have been afraid of that. One teacher told me you can request stowage in the cabin and it can go in the some places there. I was in Louisiana without mine. But I played a bit of piano instead. Maybe next time.

kaceysmith2
      Participant

Take trip -always take fiddle? Heading to Ireland Sunday and will take mine. Last time I went to SF I took it and it went in overhead luggage compartment. stewardess helpful to make sure nothing set on top.
      I love Pretty Little Dog. Have a great holiday all.
      Kay

Blucy

Thanks Kay, you are always there with a positive word. Have a great trip to Ireland. It’s on my list for sure.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.