Home Page for Non Logged In Forums Practice Questions E string on A major scale

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Blucy
    Participant

Is second finger always low on A major on the E string? as in G
    working out scales and just realized I was probably doing stuff on E string off for not realizing this
    With no tape frets, do you must slide around till you find it and get used to putting it there?
    I find I run low on G string and feel off by the time I get to A.

kaceysmith2
    Participant

for beginners (I am at 5 months playing daily) no fret tape and it is still challenging but I use Jason’s chart that you can use to remind yourself for 1, 2, 3 and L and H. (it’s Notefinder) and I also put my phone ap (Pano Tuner) in front of me when I am practicing scales and working on tunes. I don’t watch it constantly but use it to help train my ear (it’s a work in progress). Keep at it!! ~Kay

davidsbrown
    Participant

I think the beginners among us are overly anxious to remove the tape from their instruments. I took mine off only to put it back a week later.

I agree that it’s a good idea to start developing an ear for every note. But I accomplish the same thing by closing my eyes whenever I’m feeling brave.

jasonkleinberg
    Keymaster

If you’re playing A major scale, then E2 is not low. If you were playing G or D major, then it would be low 2 on e string.

Tape and tuners can be great aids for playing in tune. But i strongly recommend using drones to tune each note.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.