Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Owen
      Participant

Recently, during a Fiddlehed Office Hours Session one gentleman (I believe from Ireland) expressed difficulty in feeling comfortable with his violin. He had already purchased Bon Musica shoulder rest, to no avail; still uncomfortable. I, too, felt this way. I asked the people at the Fiddlershop if they had any ideas. They said sometimes a center mounter chin rest can do the trick. I purchased an extra tall one, which seems very good. I guess we all have different bodies! I wish I could post a picture of mine but I can’t figure how to copy the picture from my Mac computer.

MoonShadows

Hi Owen…I have a whole box of chinrests I have tried. I finally settled on a Berber. It is more center mounted with a flair to the side and low…for my short neck. Jim

Berber Chin Rest

Owen
      Participant

Hi Jim. Yes, mine similar; also a Berber, but tall. this one works better than any other; but, I may try the normal Berber of the same style, like yours.I am working at the Irish Fiddle Course; which is quite the “work-out”, so I am glad to have some comfort with my fiddle right now. Happy and Prosperous New Year, Jim!

MoonShadows

And a Healthy and Prosperous New Year to you as well!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.