Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      margaret1961
      Participant

This is a technique I use to teach pronunciation in language classes.. seems to work for me for learning tunes… practice last phrase of tune until confident, then add second last, looping that phrase till sounding good, then play through to the end. Keep adding phrases (for me right now, one phrase per day) till you get to the beginning. This helps me overcome my tendency to start strong and slow down and lose confidence near the end. This may be already covered in Fiddlehed but so far I haven’t come across it.

CorrinRadd
      Participant

Good idea. I’m gonna try that today on the songs I’m learning.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by CorrinRadd.
      David
      Participant

I like that idea. The ending never gets the same concentration of practice as the beginning.

Richard
      Participant

Its true. If I havent played a tune for a wee while I find that I struggle to remember the B part. Your method, Margaret, might just fix this issue.Thank you 🙂

maureen
      Participant

That’s an interesting twist on things…I’m going to give it a go! ?

jasonkleinberg
      Keymaster

What a good idea Margaret! I want to share it more visibly; but you’ll get full credit!

Lin
      Participant

or …. it could help with—– a particularly stressful thing for me — how to start off a tune, ie if you really really know the last bar, then you could use it as an intro

will definitely give this a go , thanks Margaret

Art
      Participant

I have done this from time to time. Sometimes I start with endings on A part and B Part then work back into the bar that flows into them. I get the notion of when the ending is coming and which is which. I think there is always a contest between ones need to make music and the necessity of practice which is hardly ever as attractive as playing.

jasonkleinberg
      Keymaster

jasonkleinberg
      Keymaster

Thanks again for the good idea Margaret!

margaret1961
      Participant

You’re welcome Jason, I think we are about 100(Jason) to 1(Me) now for good fiddlle ideas. I have one more to share today!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.