Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Lin
      Participant

Hi
      Could someone please tell me how to change my avatar from a cross eyed monster to a photo of myself???? thank you

Richard
      Participant

Hello Lin

It took me a while to figure it out but what you have to do is
      1 Go to WordPress.com
      2 Create an account using the email address as used when registering with Fiddlehed.
      3 Add the image that you want to use on Fiddlehed on your new WordPress account.
      3 Once you have done all that (Saved, confirmed etc), log into the Fiddlehed site.
      5 Go to your account and the image you want should be there.

Hope this helps!

PS Nice to see someone else from the UK doing it the Fiddlehed way 🙂

Lin
      Participant

Hello Richard
      Thank you for your help, but what is WordPress.com?? it looks like a website for creating websites????
      I once asked who else there was from Britain and quite a few answered

Richard
      Participant

Yes that’s right. Fiddlehed was created on WordPress. Just go create an account and add your photo.

Lin
      Participant

I went to create an account but they want money!!!! there is a free option – should I choose that???

Richard
      Participant

No!!
      You do not pay money just to create an account. Retrace your steps I think you’ve taken a wrong turning somewhere. ?

Lin
      Participant

Oh dear Richard I usually don’t too badly with modern technology but this one is defeating me 🙂
      When I boot up WordPress, it asks me to Login when I tell it I need to register it comes up with a page full of questions re websites, and when I follow what I think are the correct questions and answers it then asks for money
      the moral is you shouldn’t let OAPs near technology!!

MaximusVonC
      Participant

Lin,

I think I got it! So you got to the section asking for a bunch of info for a website- you can skip that, but the next page has a one line bar to enter some sort of search entry (It also has a link about if you have your own domain- but ignore that). All you have to do is type a word, say an interest of yours (Like “Violin” or “changing Avatar Pictures for a Living”).

Basically, what you are doing is making your own website- or at least making an account so that you COULD make your own site. WordPress charges you for actually making a site and getting traffic, but not for having an account… so:

Once you have done a search for your phrase or word, the site will come up with a random web address (Mine was bouldering621357279.wordpress.com- very original and unique). It is the only Free option, Anyway, keep clicking the “free” options on the next page or 2 and it will spit you out to your very own website! From here, you can click on the account button on the top right bar and change your profile pic (After verifying your email). The website can waste away- it’s not important, the IMPORTANT thing is you won’t look like a dead green stick man in your avatar.

Now, I hope you found that helpful and that you didn’t lose hope.

Lin
      Participant

Hi Mazimus yes I had begun to lose hope, and reading all your instructions makes me lose even more. when I have fortified myself with a g & t I will attempt this procedure!!!!!!
      oh by the way, thanks for your help

Lin
      Participant

well I’ll go the foot of our stairs – look what I did!!!! There I am in my Playford display team dress and everything – thanks Richard and Maximus (incidently my grandson’s middle name is Maximus – there’s not a lot of you about, his granddad on the in laws side was Maximus apparently it is a family tradition kind of a thing, and since it means “the greatest” and we are talking about my grandson here ……..

so now .. heres to getting back to practicing Coleraine

MaximusVonC
      Participant

Lin!
      It’s you! You’ve done it. I’m so proud of myself for having given you such excellent instruction (Oh, and you of course, I’m proud of you too for pushing through). You enjoy your complex songs- I promised I would start from scratch since I need the basics and to keep myself slowed down. So while you play Coleraine I will just be entertaining nobody with “Shortnin Bread” over and over.

Oh, and- Just because I like to give a good plug to people who deserve it- If you have a chance to, I think you might enjoy Katy Adelson on youtube. She does tutorials as well and I found her and Jason equally useful when I was learning Swallowtail Jig. She does not have half the number of tutorials as Jason here, but if I call correctly (and I might not) she has Coleraine… or does she?

Anyway- Best of luck to you, and I will see you and Richard around the boards!

Regards,
      Max

Lin
      Participant

Hi Max
      thank you once again for all your help. yes I am aware of Katy Adelson, she does some wonderful stuff. Also Lora’s website” Red Desert Violin “is great too, she does a fiddle course, though she goes into such great detail I get lost but you can pick out the things you specifically want from it. but as this is Jason’s site, we should not forget to say how fantastically helpful, down to earth and useful Jason is!!!!! Although I have been playing (teaching myself) for a few years now, I also started with the basics in Jasons course, and it has really paid off, all my friends say how much I have improved recently
      I see he is travelling in India, he certainly gets about a bit.

Richard
      Participant

Better late than never. Well done Lin and congrats on the achievement? ?

Megan
      Participant

Okay, now I need help with the same thing! I have a wordpress account, and an avatar, but when I go to my account here I don’t see any avatars or anything. If you have a moment, do you mind telling me specifically where to click? Thanks!

Megan
      Participant

Oh, nevermind! Apparently I do have an avatar. Nifty!

Stephatsea
      Participant

What a palaver, but my avatar was ugly and had to go. Thanks for the instructions.

MoonShadows

Lin… How did you put that little bio about yourself in your forum profile? I can’t find how to do it. Thanks. Jim

MoonShadows

OOPS! Never mind, Lin. I found it. I guess that’s what the EDIT button is for! LOL 🙂

Lin
      Participant

Hi Jim glad you found it ‘cos I cant remember!!!! LOL

MoonShadows

Thanks for the response, @Lin.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.